emNumber$>');
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, March 04, 2005

May Day

Carolina looked a bit shaky against Florida State, but that's mostly because the Seminoles sizzled in the first half, which they've been known to do.

Does anybody else have the feeling that Sean May has put the Tar Heels on his shoulders?

May gives the credit for last night's performance to his teammates:

Felton, Noel and Manuel "were doing a great job of driving and penetrating, and Marvin stepped out and hit some shots, so things really opened up inside for me. It was the easiest (32) points I've ever had in terms of, all I had to do was catch the ball and lay it right in."

Alexander Johnson's foul trouble didn't hurt, either. Why did he play so few minutes and have only three fouls? Why not use them all?

Von Wafer plays only six minutes and is benched for the third straight game:

"I let my man get a layup and (Leoneard Hamilton) went with some someone else.....I've never experienced anything like this in my life. It's a new challenge that I have to embrace and just become a stronger person."

Hamilton:

"Von did not play the first half not because of his defense but because the other kids were playing well. Sometimes you just have to give guys an opportunity when they show they've earned it."