emNumber$>');
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, January 17, 2005

Around the league

Tar Heel Daily on Raymond Felton:

"But if there is an area Felton must improve from on Saturday, it would be not falling into the trap of trying to match his biggest rival at point guard, but rather focusing on his job as the leader of his team."

Neither Clemson nor Virginia Tech have reached the NCAA tournament this century. Wait a minute now....oh yeah, it's the 21st century.

By the way, Clemson was offended that some preseason magazines ranked Virginia Tech ahead of the Tigers.

Clemson's Sharrod Ford:

"I think it's disrespectful. It makes everybody think, 'Damn, they just got into the league. They're at the bottom of the Big East and now they're finishing ninth in the ACC, which is supposed to be the toughest conference?'"

I wonder if they're still offended?

Meanwhile, Tech's Carlos Dixon on his big steal and dunk:

"The guy didn't set a good flare screen on me and the guy threw a lazy pass, so I just tried to anticipate it....and then I saw I had one man to beat. I knew the guy was going to try to strip it in front of me, so I knew I had to change directions to score."

According to the Sun Sentinel's Dave Hyde, Florida State's Von Wafer tried to get into Guillermo Diaz's head:

Wafer "cocked his finger like a pistol after making a shot and fired it in front of Diaz. He talked up other shots, skipped down the court nodding his head, twice turned to the (Miami) bench and said something."

Somebody might want to get into Diaz's head. The Hurricanes are good, but Diaz says:

"Make the NCAA Tournament? Win the NCAA Tournament. Go to the end. That's what I want. I don't just eant to get in. I want to go to the end."

This year.

Maryland is still perfect at home after beating Temple on Saturday. (Anybody realize the Terps were playing?) Perhaps the schedule will work in their favor if they can right the ship.

Temple once again plays an ACC opponent tough, holding a six-point in the second half.