emNumber$>');
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, December 31, 2004

Horrific

St. John's 63, N.C. State 45

N&O coverage

N.Y. Times coverage

The numbers tell the whole story. All I can do is ramble on in my state of shock.

This is a total embarrassment for the ACC. How can State fans have any confidence in this team as they head into the conference schedule?

This is what I've never understood about three-point shots: When teams aren't hitting them, why do they keep shooting? Seems to me like they'd adjust and work the ball inside. Nothing doing. State just kept firing at will.

Herb Sendek said State's "preparation was excellent. We had good focus in team meetings."

Why did this focus not transfer to the court? How can a coach lose control of his team so early in the game and not be able to regain it?

I'll say it out loud: Sendek's job is in danger.